Get involved in your community, develop leadership skills, meet new people, and make a difference on social issues that matter.
As an intern, you will be a leader within a campaign team. In many cases, you will receive course credit for your work.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Stop the Overuse of Antibiotics on Factory Farms
- Run photo-petition drives and work with the media to convince the biggest restaurant chains in the world, Subway, to stop serving meat raised on antibiotics to protect public health.
Advocate for Solar Energy in Massachusetts
- Run photo-petition and letter writting drives to get the MA Governor to commit to going 20% solar by 2025.
Make Textbooks Affordable
- Work with faculty members, librarians, and administrators about using free open-textbooks to save students thousands of dollars.
Fight Poverty in your Community
- Organize service trips and fundraisers for a local poverty relief agency.
Run your own local project to tackle a public interest issue in your community!
- Improve your public speaking and one-on-one meeting skills.
- Polish your writing skills.
- Learn how to collaboarte with media outlets.
Learn the basics of running a campaign:
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Generate grassroots support (petitions, letters, calls)
- Build coalitions
- Organize large events
- Learn campaign strategies
- Run meetings
- Work with teams
- Plan large events
- Develop other leaders
- Manage volunteers
- Delegate responsiblites and manage your time
- About Us
- Berkshire Community College
- Fitchburg State University
- Holyoke Community College
- Mass College of Liberal Arts
- MassBay Community College
- Middlesex Community College
- North Shore Community College
- Salem State University
- UMass Amherst
- UMass Boston
- UMass Dartmouth
- UMass Lowell
- Westfield State University
- Worcester State University
- Get Involved
Work on important issues, learn valuable skills, get hands-on experience, and make a difference.