Meet new people, get involved in your community, learn important skill, and make a difference on the issues that matter.
Interns take on a leadership role within a campaign, and in many cases are able to receive course credit for their work.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Help Increase the Youth Vote
Work with student groups, faculty, and administrators to make sure everyone on campus has a chance to register and vote.
Increase Recycling and Decrease Litter
Intern on our campaign to pass the Update to the Bottle Bill - the 5 cent deposit on beer and soda bottles - so that all beverage containers have the deposit. We are working to pass this update through ballot on the Nov. 4th - be a part of history!
Fight Poverty in Your Community
Organize weekly service trips and fundraisers for to a local poverty relief agency.
Build a Sustainable Campus and World
- Run petition and letter writting drives to get your Senator to support more and better public transportation.
- Host movie screenings and panel discussions to educate students about energy efficiency and sustainability.
- Reduce waste and protect the ocean by banning single-use plastic bags on campus.
- Build support for clean energy projects like wind and solar power.
Protect Students from Ripoffs from Textbooks Companies, Banks, and Landlords and Protect Student Aid
- Meet with faculty members about using open-source textbooks to save students thousands of dollars.
- Survey local banks and renters to make sure students aren't being ripped off.
- Host a campus-wide call in day to make sure your congressmen support affordable higher education.
Improve your public speaking and writing skills, and learn how to work with the media to get media coverage. Get experience speaking in front of groups and advocating a position one-on-one.
Learn the basics of running a campaign - recruiting a training volunteers, generating grassroots support (petitions, letters, calls), building coalitions, organizing large events, campaign strategy, and basic lobbying.
Learn how to run meetings, work with teams, plan large events, develop other leaders, mange volunteers, and manage your time.
- About Us
- Berkshire Community College
- Fitchburg State University
- Greenfield Community College
- Mass College of Liberal Arts
- MassBay Community College
- Middlesex Community College
- North Shore Community College
- Salem State University
- UMass Amherst
- UMass Boston
- UMass Dartmouth
- UMass Lowell
- Westfield State University
- Worcester State University
- Get Involved
Work on important issues, learn valuable skills, get hands-on experience, and make a difference.